Development of regulatory guidance notes is an essential part of the services provided by the Center “Cooperation for Sustainable Development”, they include: standards, instructions, procedures, regulations, manuals.
The CSD Center has drafted regulatory documents on request of governmental bodies and private companies in the field of environmental protection. The Center took an active role in preparation of following documents:
- ST RK Standard “Wastes. Motor vehicle tires. Safety requirements for handling.”
- ST RK Standard “Wastes. Used oil and oily waste. Safety requirements for handling.”
- ST RK Standard “Resource conservation. Waste management. Monitoring and tracking of mercury waste. Main provisions.”
- ST RK Standard “Electric and electronic equipment waste. Safety requirements for handling.”
- ST RK Standard “General requirements for specialized enterprises on management of production and consumption wastes.”
- “Guidance notes on enforcement and execution of Technical Regulations “Requirements to emissions caused by burning different fuels in thermal power plants boilers.”
The Center experts use international rules and standards in the field of environmental protection, as well as international registries of best available technologies and best known environmental practices in the process of regulations development.
The CSD Center works closely in cooperation with leading experts in the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of standardization and certification, waste management, chemical safety, integrated water resources management. It maintains close ties with partners from international organizations such as UNEP, UNIDO, OECD, and Global Water Partnership.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ministry of Environmental Protection
- Ministry of Education and Science
- Statistics agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Southern Branch of RSE "Kazakhstan Institute of Standardization and Certification"
- Republican sci-tech Library
- Higher education institutions